LCHS Board of Directors
Jillian Dougherty, DVM
BOARD MEMBER OPPORTUNITY
The Lewis & Clark Humane Society has an opening on the Board of Directors for a Treasurer. This is an Executive Committee role that serves in support of the Executive Director, staff and Board of Directors to oversee and maintain high levels of financial standards and reporting. This volunteer role is very rewarding in support of LCHS, the animals, staff and community.
LCHS is entering an exciting time as we embark on our “second 50 years”; there are big things coming and we need a savvy financial professional to partner with this dedicated team to help us achieve our goals.
- Familiarity with non-profit accounting
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and internal control requirements.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial statements and budgets.
- Supporter of LCHS (it helps to love animals!)
- Responsibility for implementing powers and duties of the Finance Committee.
- Manages the process of a regular review of Lewis & Clark Humane Society’s fiscal affairs by the Finance Committee and Board.
- Assures that all fiscal records of the organization are accurate, timely, and secure.
- The Treasurer, as Chair of the Finance Committee, works with that Finance Committee to assure ongoing financial oversight for Lewis & Clark Humane Society per the authority, powers and responsibilities outlined in the Finance Committee Charter.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director or designated staff, is responsible for maintaining the financial records of Lewis & Clark Humane Society.
- Ensures that appropriate financial reports (at a minimum the Income Statement and Statement of Financial Position) are made available to the Board at each regularly scheduled board meeting or as may be required by the Board of Directors.
- Reports to the Board on key financial events and trends, and on the fiscal health of the organization at least quarterly.
- Partners with the Executive Director and Finance Committee to assist in the development of an annual budget.
- Acts as a signer of all financial instruments as required by law and/or authorized by Lewis & Clark Humane Society policies.
- Has the ability to read/understand/interpret financial statements for Board members.
- Ensures audited financial statements are presented to the Board on an annual basis.
- Serves on the Executive Committee.
- Adheres to the general duties outlined in the Board Member job description.
Meetings: The Executive Committee and Board meet monthly:
- Executive Committee usually on the third Monday at noontime
- The Board on the third Wednesday at 11:30am.
- Meetings last about 90 minutes
Board members are very active, support LCHS in the community, are encouraged to visit the Shelter regularly and to attend and participate in the events of LCHS including but not limited to these major functions:
- ‘Wine For Whiskers’
- ‘Spay-Ghetti Dinner’
- ‘Dueling Pianos,
- ‘Strutt Your Mutt’
If you are interested in this rewarding opportunity to serve homeless animals in our community and our work to increase awareness and care, please contact an LCHS Governance Committee member:
Kelly O’Sullivan at 406-465-6589
Oliver Goe at 406-443-6820
LCHS Board President, Dan Anderson at406-439-0080
LCHS is an equal opportunity employer
Times have been tough for Karma and her friends, but they hope the Christmas spirit will entice our wonderful community to adopt one of these lovely ladies.
LEARN MORE >>
Fun events coming soon!
Sign up to support the Lewis & Clark Humane Society when you shop at Amazon! Just click here to select LCHS as your preferred "smile."
The LCHS Board of Directors is seeking a Treasurer to serve on the Board.
Read more >>
In a giving mood today? Check out our Wishlist page for a list of the "little things" that really benefit the animals at the shelter. Wishlist >>
Support Spay Montana by
participating in Bissell's
Partner for Pets!
Learn more >>