Upon completion of a volunteer’s required 25 hours, here are a few of the volunteer jobs available along with a brief description:
- Cat Activity/Grooming Aide - Playing and brushing the cats
- Grooming Aide/Dogs – Brushing and bathing the dogs/puppies
- Play/Activity Dog Volunteer – Playing catch or Frisbee in one of the designated Play Kennels with the dogs
- Dog Walker – Must be 16 years of age and have completed at least two training session with a Dog Walking Mentor
- Play/Activity Dog Volunteer – Must be 16 years of age and have completed at least two training sessions with a Dog Walking Mentor. Playing catch or Frisbee in one of the designated Play Kennels
- Office Aide – Must be 18 years of age, able to make a firm weekly commitment to do filing, mailings or other office duties
- Outreach Volunteer – Must be 18 years of age, able to commit to one Saturday a month to showcase dogs/cats for adoption. Cannot work with dogs unless required Dog Walking Mentor has certified the volunteer.
- Event Set Up Volunteer – Events occur 7 to 8 times a year. We require volunteers to work the event, either in setting up, showcasing dogs or being an LCHS ambassador.
- Kong-Icle Volunteer – Must be able to make a weekly commitment to fill the Kong’s for our shelter doggies.
- Kennel Assistant – This volunteer position requires you be able to commit to an 8:30 am – Noon schedule, assisting staff in cleaning the kennels.
- Vet Tech Asst.- This program is designed to promote the aspirations of young people interested in becoming Vets or Vet Tech’s Criteria: Must have volunteered a minimum of 30 hours, have participated in several Spay Neuter clinics (in various capacities,) produce a letter of recommendation from school counselor/teacher an pass through interview process with LCHS Vet Techs.
- Shelter Spay Neuter Clinics – Assist in the recovery of shelter animals during the clinic. These clinics take place on Mondays.
- Toys & Treats Volunteer – This is a specialty program run by a Volunteer Captain utilizing interactive toys with treats, to stimulate the dogs and lower their stress and anxiety level.